Linda Jane Maaia
As the only woman CEO in the Rhode Island broadband communications and entertainment industry, Linda successfully guided Full Channel, Inc. through two decades of intense competition with major MSOs, telcos and satellite TV providers.
Taking the helm at Full Channel in 2004 — following the sudden passing of John Donofrio, her father and the company’s founder — Linda oversaw the company’s evolution from an analog TV provider to the operator of a state-of-the-art, fiber-rich digital communications network.
Before this unexpected entry into the private sector, Linda’s remarkable career trajectory began to build the diverse foundation of expertise that now informs her client-centric efforts on a day-to-day basis. As a public-school educator, Linda developed and taught the gifted education program in the East Providence School Department — was nominated Teacher of the Year — and retired from the public sector as a school department administrator.
A licensed CPA and consultant, who served in a critical treasury role for RI’s second largest city, Linda has taught finance and accounting as an associate professor at Suffolk University and Regis College. She also completed the Master Chefs program at Boston University where she cooked with Julia Child and Jacques Pepin.
ACHIEVEMENTS & AFFILIATIONS
- Cablefax Top Ops Award
- Business Women Awards honoree • Providence Business News
- Women in Cable Telecommunications • Member
- Women Presidents’ Organization • Member
- Chief Executives Club of Rhode Island • Member
- RI Philharmonic Orchestra & Music School • Board of Directors
- Leadership Rhode Island alumna
- Touisset Point Water Trust • Treasurer
- CAGS in Taxation, Bryant College
- M.S. in Accounting, University of Rhode Island
- B.A. in Education, Rhode Island College
- Boston University Master Chefs program
- Gourmet cooking studies with Julia Child and Jacques Pepin